This intensive workshop is ideal for those who are employed in the healthcare industry or parents seeking additional information on how to respond to medical emergencies such as bleeding, burns, bites, heart attacks, stroke, seizures, etc. This workshop also covers universal precautions.
5 Reasons Why You Should Learn First-Aid:
Now more than ever, it is important to know first aid. With most of us at home with our family members – do you know what to do in case of an emergency? Here are five reasons why you should learn first-aid:
- It not only saves lives but saves recovery time. Giving proper first aid immediately can help to reduce a person’s recovery time.
- Help increase comfort in a person who has been injured. By knowing how to act even just with simple techniques such as applying an ice pack correctly, or applying appropriate bandaging, you’ll help to relieve the discomfort in a person who has been injured.
- You can prevent a situation from getting worse. By being able to provide basic care you can stabilize a person who has been injured until emergency services arrive (if the situation requires medical services).
- Confidence. First aid training makes you more confident and comfortable allowing you to be more effective when responding to a situation.
- Safe and healthy living. Keeping yourself safe puts you in a position to help others.